Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Congratulations Dad!!

My dad is retiring after an astonishing 48 years with Case, Lowe and Heart as a Mechanical Engineer. What an amazing accomplishment to work in the same place for that many years! My dad has taught me the true value of hard work and determination. He and my mom have always been such an example to me and my siblings to work hard for what you want. They  have taught us all the values of hard work, loyalty, responsibility and above all Honesty. They are truly people to be admired. 
My dad's work put on a nice open house so people could come and see my dad off into the beautiful sunset of retirement and for me it was quite a treat. I got to hear of all the various contributions my dad has made to the company over the years including working for free to help keep the company a float. They also mentioned some of the things that happened in 1964 when my dad started. The Beetles had just come out, the average take home salary was $6000 and the price of gas was $.30 a gallon. Don't we wish thing cost that these days! It made me think back to some of the times I visited my dad at work. One of my fondest memories was just the simple smell of a pipe burning. My dads boss Ed Case smoked a pipe in the office (can you believe it??) and when I could smell that at home I knew then Dad was home from work. 



My dad with one of the original owners, Bob Hart

Kevin Lewis, the current President, gave a great speech about the many contributions my dad has made to the company. He also mentioned the various things that were going on in 1964 when my dad started. I can't believe he was only making $.90 an hour to start! WOW have times changed!





When his work asked what he wanted for a retirement party he said nothing, I just want a stack of $100 bills. Well he got that but it was in the form of a cake.

Here are all the various codes, laws, and guidelines my dad has had to deal with for the past 48 years!

Although most of his work is done on the computer now days for many years This was the desk my dad worked at. Deep down I think he still prefers to work on instead of the computer.


Dad, 48 years is to put it simply AMAZING! I love you dearly and hope for nothing but the best retirement you can have. I know this is a hard adjustment as you have been doing this longer than any of your kids have been a live but I know you will find plenty of things to do and if I have to I will find things around my house for you too! You have taught me so much through the years and I am blessed to have you as my father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment